Anzac letter

Dear Mum and Dad,

I am so happy tell you that I have finished my training and am going to fight in Gallipoli for our freedom. We are going there on the 20th and already the big adventure is happening. The food is the same most days. Anzac biscuits and tin food and sometimes liver on mash.

For our training we had to do 5 k runs with our guns and our backpacks on. We then we had to pick up a dummy and run 50 meters and then jump a meter long ditch and climb a big wall to shoot targets. After we took the dummy to the nurses.

I am missing you guys and especially your food because this food isn't really nice.
I hope you guys stay safe and say hi to Little Jenny and Jeff the Dog.

From your son,

Byron

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Desk reveiw

My Holiday Incident

Sewell Peak